The project is subdivided into 8 work packages :
- WP0: this WP will provide the overall project and intellectual property management . The objective is to ensure an efficient and proactive coordination of the project by administration, organization and monitoring of the administrative and financial components of the project. A common set of rules and structures for the communication inside (project management tool) and outside consortium will enable the flow of information and knowledge needed to implement a robust monitoring process regarding IP issues.
- WP1: this WP is devoted to electrode manufacturing process development . The four key goals are to: i) reduce or eliminate the need of expensive and harmful organic solvents (i.e., NMP) in the electrode manufacturing line, ii) improve reliability of electrode fabrication by implementing clean room manufacturing processes, iii) improve energy efficiency, production time, and less production floor space, and iv) target an overall reduction of the scrap rate and production cost by up to 30%.
- WP2: this WP is devoted to the battery cell manufacturing process development after cathode and anode coatings. Its consits in electrolyte production and filling technologies and assembly technologies. The three key goals are to: i) reduce the manufacturing cost of a key electrolyte material by 30-50%, ii) reduce the cell cost by decreasing the electrolyte filling time by at least 20%, and iii) improve the battery cell design and the joining and stacking process steps.
- WP3: this WP is devoted to the battery cell manufacturing process control from the electrode assembly step to the final integration in the battery pack. The key goal is to: improve the production yield and reduce the overall production cost by i) reducing the contamination risk of the electrolyte during the filling and setting-up a clean manufacturing environment, and iii) upstream non-destructive cell testing.
- WP4 : this WP is devoted to the battery cell production demonstration to validate the integration, the industrialisation and the upscaling capability of the manufacturing processes developed in WP1, WP2 and WP3
- WP5: this WP is dedicated to eco-design and life-cycle assessment guaranteeing that eco-design considerations and potential technical improvements are assessed throughout all stages of WP1 – WP4 as well as in WP6 by performing LCA studies and screening of the benchmark reference battery manufacturing and usage processes and of the improved processes developed and demonstrated in the ELIBAMA project
- WP6: this WP is devoted to the recycling, refurbishing and recirculation of batteries with emphasis on logistics aspects, secure handling, diagnostics, and cost-effective methods for battery disassembly or refurbishing
- WP7: this WP focuses on dissemination and exploitation. Scientific results will be published through presentations and scientific papers as well as magazines and journals dealing with EVs. Efficient exploitation of the project’s results will be ensured by a targeted exploitation strategy which will be supported by technology watch and IP management. Coordination with MS/AS countries as well as international cooperation will be undertaken. Appropriate communication tools (public web site) and events will be organized.